Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What can I do when the travel insurance company denies a claim?

I bought a travel insurance for my dad when he came to visit last year. It was for an emergency coverage. He did got an emergency treatment for kidney failure. After long process of filing, now I got the news that it is denied due to pre-existing condition. What can anybody suggest that I do?What can I do when the travel insurance company denies a claim?You'd have to hire a lawyer. The fine print in those insurance policies renders almost any illness as "pre-existing".What can I do when the travel insurance company denies a claim?Get their declination in writing and ask that it specify the exact reason why they are declining your father's claim. Once you have it in writing then compare it to the policy. Is it in fact a pre-existing condition or is there a misunderstanding? To be considered a pre-existing medical condition it has to fit their definition. If it doesn't than it's not a pre-existing condition. Depending on what you find out you can ask the insurance company to have a supervisor review your father's claim. Make sure you explain why you feel it is covered and why it's not a pre-existing condition. If you still haven't received satisfaction than you can go to your State Insurance Department and file a consumer claim complaint with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment