Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What to do?Where to seek help when the Travel Consultant made a mistake in issuing my air ticket?

The travel consultant issued my ticket based on my e-mail address which is my alias. He kept on replying to my e-mail that there is nothing he can do when the ticket is already issued. When I have proof with me that I went to their office to correct my name and he even issued me a cofirmation of my reservation. Is that really how this travel agency treat their customer that instead of solving the problem they will just deny it.What to do?Where to seek help when the Travel Consultant made a mistake in issuing my air ticket?Are you saying that they issued a ticket for you and it's the wrong name on it (or it's mispelt)?



The main problem is that once a ticket is issued, it's extremely hard to make a name change, simply because most IATA (intl air transport agency) regulated agencies or travel on IATA linked airlines will refuse to make a name change because of fraud. I would suggest you get in touch with the agency asap and get it sorted, possibly even speak to a manager in person. Were you only dealing with them via email and not face to face? Did the agent go through the itinerary details with you and made sure your name was as per your ID? I'm afraid it might be your word against their agent's but you would probably need to speak to a manager about this. Good luck!What to do?Where to seek help when the Travel Consultant made a mistake in issuing my air ticket?The travel agency should be able to correct your ticket. Find out who the owner or manager is. If they will not help, try contacting the airlines directly. It might be better to go to an airport or direct ticketing agent instead of trying to do it on the phone.



Good luck!What to do?Where to seek help when the Travel Consultant made a mistake in issuing my air ticket?Dont bother the consultant. Either contact the airline directly or the manager of the travel agency.What to do?Where to seek help when the Travel Consultant made a mistake in issuing my air ticket?
First of all, you have to understand that YOU provided the wrong information. The travel agent just did his/her job on booking on the name you provided.



Second, don't make phone calls, if you agency is located in your town, just go there with proper identification and they should be able to make the correction and insist upon getting the right info. on youy ticket. If your first and last name on your ticket match your ID, address and phone # don't matter much for traveling.

If this does not work, call the airline.

Don't forget, there are a lot of not-so reputable travel agencies, like other business.
  • car battery
  • geronimo stilton
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment