Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Should I really carry around a travel bag to avoid being mugged when I go to London or use a regular purse?

Ive been told to use a money belt and an across the shoulder travel purse when I go to London. I think the purse is ugly and I like my nicer purse. Is it really worth it to use it to avoid being mugged? I mean do almost all the females in London go around with a purse like that then?? Just how bad is the mugging and pickpocketting crime rate over there and what should I be doing?Should I really carry around a travel bag to avoid being mugged when I go to London or use a regular purse?Millions of Londoners go every day as normal people not wearing money belts etc. and not being mugged. If your used to any big city you know how to behave. Some tourist make it so obvious they are tourist and behave like idiots not being aware of their environment. They are easy pickings for opportunist thieves.

Bear in mind a money belt stuffed full is so obvious through your clothes (or worse an external bumbag belt) and impractical to get anything from when needed.Should I really carry around a travel bag to avoid being mugged when I go to London or use a regular purse?
pickpocketing and mugging here in London is no worse than any other big city, and actually a lot better than many ... I've lived in London for over 40 years and would never dream of using a moneybelt or similar ... however I always make sure my handbag (purse?) is properly closed and tucked up under my armpit when I'm in crowded areas such as tube stations and shops ... I've only been pickpocketed once and that was when the kids were young and one of them was misbehaving on the tube platform and I was so busy controlling the kids I forgot about my handbag ... I've never been mugged ... moral of the story is to beware of distractionsShould I really carry around a travel bag to avoid being mugged when I go to London or use a regular purse?London is an amazing city and the crime rate is fairly low. You should take basic precautions, as you would in any large city, such as not flashing around your cash, showing off your mobile fone, be aware of your property when youre in a restaurant etc - but this is no different than if you were to go to New York, Paris or Rome.



Relax, be sensible and have a great time in the city!Should I really carry around a travel bag to avoid being mugged when I go to London or use a regular purse?
Calm down lol you make London sound like this horrific and dangerous place. Yes people get mugged there but you can get mugged anywhere. Unless you are going to a really poor part of london with a high crime rate, you will be fine with your regular purse. Just make sure it is done up and keep it under your arm you will be fine.Should I really carry around a travel bag to avoid being mugged when I go to London or use a regular purse?If you act like a victim, you'll be treated like a victim. Just take a normal bag and forget about the crime rate. I go to Oxford Street every day for work and (touch wood) have never been mugged. It'd be best to not show off your money, or phone, ipod etc but if you need it.. don't be scared to get the things out.Should I really carry around a travel bag to avoid being mugged when I go to London or use a regular purse?
Central London should be safe enough to carry a regular purse. Just be sensible and don't show off your money and valuables in public.
  • jdm
  • haynes repair manual
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment