Thursday, January 26, 2012

How do I set up a Corporate Travel Department?

I am (by default) my companies travel administrator. I would like to do a cost comparison with one of the options bringin our travel in house. I've found a lot of information, but nothing that tells me what is required to do this. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?How do I set up a Corporate Travel Department?Hi Kandy! I just responded to your other question when I saw this, so I'll respond to this one as well.



There are many great resources out there to assist you in setting up a Corporate Travel Department. I have a few questions so that I can offer the most relevant information possible to you. (I've got over 20 years of experience in the meetings/travel industry.)



1. Are you overseeing both transient %26amp; group?

2. Do you currently have any policies in place or are you starting from scratch?

3. What aspect of travel will you be overseeing? (i.e. air, rental car, hotel, etc...)

4. Do you have a rough estimate of your organizational travel spend? (If not, that's alright as most corporations do not have a good handle on this as travel can be coded under many different line items on a P%26amp;L statement-- from marketing (account sales calls) to training %26amp; many other areas.



Looking forward to hearing more!

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment