Thursday, January 26, 2012

How to register an old travel trailer with no title paper?

I was given an old travel trailer with no title/papers. It was manufactured about 40 years ago. The company is no longer in business. I have looked everywhere on the trailer to find the VIN number without any luck.How to register an old travel trailer with no title paper?I live in Ill. and getting a new vin. number and new title was a lot cheaper and quicker than trying to redo the old one. It's pretty easy to do. Just in case the DMV. ask, whoever gave it to you, ask them for a bill of sale.How to register an old travel trailer with no title paper?Some trailers are exempt to be titled and I think that one is. You might need a bill of sale or something like that (affidavit of gift)How to register an old travel trailer with no title paper?I had to do the same thing with my jey ski trailer. You have to bring it to the tag office and they check over it give you a new vin number and register it and all the rest of the good ccrap....

No comments:

Post a Comment